More than 400 years ago St. Ignatius Loyola encouraged prayer-filled mindfulness by proposing what has been called the Daily Examen. The Examen can be time of prayerful reflection on the events of your day (thoughts, words, actions) in the presence of God.....before you retire for the evening...... to discern his direction for you in daily life.
I encourage you to take 15 minutes at the end of every day for this time of quiet reflection and prayer. You will be blessed and your life enriched.
1. Find a quiet place and take time to “Be Still” - become aware of God’s presence.
2. Recall your day and thank God for anything for which you are especially grateful.
3. Name those actions and regrets for which you are sorry.
4. Ask God to forgive you. If you have hurt someone, resolve to reconcile ask forgiveness.
5. Thank God for the gift of your life. Ask for the grace to be more clearly aware of God’s presence and His will for you. Look toward tomorrow.